Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, non-chemical skin treatment which resurfaces the skin. Through the process of exfoliation and is ideal for cleaning, refining and smoothing the skins surface.
Microdermabrasion uses a vacuum suction combined with a diamond tipped headpiece that removes the build of excessive skin cells whilst the vacuum stimulates the cells deep within our skin to produce new cells.
Microdermabrasion is one of the easiest, safest and most effective anti-aging treatments you can get. It can help to soften fine lines and wrinkles, smooth textured skin, decreases the appearance of shallow scars and pore size.
After a series of treatments your skin will appear smoother, fresher, healthier, plumper and younger looking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many Microdermabrasion treatments will I need and how often?
Treatments are recommended in series for ideal results. Most cases require about six treatments but severe acne scars and deep lines may require more. We recommend fortnightly to monthly intervals. This is dependent on your skin type and skin condition.
Q. What do I need to do post Microdermabrasion treatment?
- Use a gentle, cleanser and moisturiser, and make sure you apply it with clean hands.
- Avoid the use of active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and alcohols. Supportive post treatment, as well as maintenance skin care products are available at the clinic, and can be purchased on the day of your treatment if you don’t have appropriate products.
- Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. You must wear SPF 30+ sunscreen and a hat daily. This should be a daily routine for you anyway
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 1 week after the treatment
- Avoid strenuous exercise for upto 2 hours
Continue your usual skin care routine once the skin is no longer sensitive.
Q. How long will a Microdermabrasion treatment take?
Microdermabrasion treatments take approximately 45 minutes. A deluxe Microdermabrasion treatments take approximately 80 minutes
Q. How much will Microdermabrasion cost?
Deluxe Microdermabrasion ……….$110
The deluxe Microdermabrasion also includes an enzyme peel and LED Light Therapy treatment.
Please click here to see our full treatment menu and price list