Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) also known as Skin Needling, Micro Needling, Dermal Needling creates microscopic punctures to the epidermis using precise fine needles to create micro “injuries” to the skin, this induces a natural response that produces your own new collagen via a natural process of wound healing. It also allows topical nutrients to be more readily absorbed into the skin, encouraging production of collagen and elastin
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What can Collagen Induction Therapy treat?
- Thin crepe skin
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Loss of elasticity
- Dull skin
- Signs of aging
Q. What are the advantages of Collagen Induction Therapy?
- Minimizes fine lines, wrinkles and scarring
- Reduces pore size, pigment and improves skin texture
- Aids penetration of topical active ingredients
- Suitable for all skin types (with adequate preparation)
- No down time
- Increases natural collagen formation
- Scar reduction
Q. How many treatments will I need and how often?
Facial rejuvenation: 4-6 treatments at intervals of 4 weeks
Acne scarring & deep wrinkles: 6-10 treatments at intervals of 4-6 weeks
Stretch marks: At least 10 treatments at intervals of 6 weeks
Q. What do I need to do prior to Collagen Induction Therapy?
Prior to Collagen Induction Therapy we advise to prep the skin with active ingredients to maximize the benefits from each treatment, assist in speeding the healing time and reduce the risk of possible complications. We recommend for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. A skin care regime will be recommended to you at your initial consultation.
Q. What do I need to do post Collagen Induction Therapy treatment?
For the first 48 hours:
- Use a gentle, cleanser and moisturiser, and make sure you apply it with clean hands.
- Avoid the use of active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and alcohols. Supportive post treatment, as well as maintenance skin care products are available at the clinic, and can be purchased on the day of your treatment if you don’t have appropriate products.
- When cleansing do not scrub or use a wash cloth.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the face and avoid the use of wash cloths and make-up brushes
- Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. You must wear SPF 30+ sunscreen and a hat daily. This should be a daily routine for you anyway
- Avoid getting your skin hot for at least 24 hours. No hot showers, saunas, steam or strenuous exercise
Continue your usual skin care routine once the skin is no longer sensitive.
Q. What is involved and how long will it take?
Your skin will be cleansed and numbing cream is applied for 30 minutes to minimize any discomfort. Once your skin has been numbed, needling commences. The treatment will take approximately 45 minutes, until there is an even flushing over the area to be treated. The treatment will be followed by a complimentary 20 minute LED Light Therapy session.
Allow 2 hours for the entire treatment.
Q. Is Collagen Induction Therapy suitable for me?
There are contraindications that may mean Collagen Induction Therapy is not suitable for you, these are listed below:
- Recent sunburn, unprotected sun exposure or solarium use 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Accutane use in the last 6 months
- Cold sores within the area to be treated
- Open wounds
- Skin cancer
- Keloid scarring/abnormal wound healing
Q. What does Collagen Induction Therapy feel like?
You may feel some pressure though you won’t feel any pain due to the topical anaesthetic that is applied prior to your procedure. There maybe a small amount of discomfort around the bony areas of your forehead.
Q. How much does Collagen Induction Therapy cost?
Face and Neck ……………………….$225
Face, Neck and Décolletage ……$250
(or add hands onto any of the above for an additional $50)
Please click here to see our full treatment menu and price list