Aveley Skin Clinic use Lira Clinical Peels which are designed to stimulate epidermal skin cell turnover (exfoliation of dead skin cells) and promote healthy collagen and elastin production. The end result is softer, smoother, clearer, brighter, younger looking skin with a reduction in pigmentation, acne and fine lines.
All Lira Clinical Resurfacing Peels are blended with plant derived Stem Cell Technology, multiple peptide chains (controlling irritation), potent antioxidants (limiting inflammation), and healing minerals.
Whatever your skin concerns, we have a peel for you.
Pumpkin Plus Definer Peel
A mild peel with a 35% blend of glycolic/lactic acid, retinol, pumpkin and mango enzymes. This peel will leave your skin feeling refreshed with a healthy glow, and helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Unlike traditional glycolic peels, this peel feels and smells beautiful.
A Uniquely formulated treatment using pumpkin enzymes infused with retinol while super-rich pomegranate and mango antioxidants fight free radical damage. The versatile pulp delivery system found in this treatment makes it ideal for any skin type and for anyone constantly ‘on-the-go’.
Lactic Clear Definer Peel
This peel contains 50% Lactic acid and is blended with organic melanin suppressant, hyaluronic acid, green tea and echinacea, this is the peel of choice for pigmented, sun-damaged and dehydrated skin. Infused with antioxidants, skin will look and feel refreshed. Very effective for hormonally imbalanced skin.
Sal Pulp Peel
Powered by 20% Salicylic Acid this is the peel of choice for acne skin types. Salicylic acid has been used for over 50 years in preparations for skin rejuvenation and treating all types of acne. The Sal Pulp Peel immediately reduces acne inflammation.
Not sure which peel is right for you? Our therapists will work with you to analyze your skin and decide which protocols will help you reach maximum desired effects – whatever your skin concern may be!
A stronger peel that treats a variety of skin conditions including acne, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, melasma, and enlarged pores. This is a traditional Jessner with a blend of 14% resorcinol, 14% Salicylic acid and 14% lactic acid. The Lira Jessner peel is also infused with colloidal silver and gold to achieve maximum healing benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many Clinical Peel treatments will I need and how often?
Treatments are recommended in series of 3 or 6 for ideal results. We recommend fortnightly to monthly intervals. This is dependent on your skin type and skin condition.
Special package pricing is offered when purchasing series of 3 treatments or more.
Q. What do I need to do prior to a Clinical peel treatment?
One week prior to your peel treatment avoid waxing, electrolysis, laser hair removal, use of products containing Retinol, AHA’s, BHA’s, Benzoyl Peroxide, or any other exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating.
Q. What do I need to do post Clinical peel treatment?
For the first 24-48 hours:
- Use a gentle, cleanser and moisturiser, and make sure you apply it with clean hands.
- Avoid the use of active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and alcohols. Supportive post treatment, as well as maintenance skin care products are available at the clinic, and can be purchased on the day of your treatment if you don’t have appropriate products.
- When cleansing do not use wash cloths or make-up brushes as this increases the risk of infection
- Avoid touching, rubbing or picking at any peeling skin as this can lead to scarring
- Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. You must wear SPF 30+ sunscreen and a hat daily. This should be a daily routine for you anyway
- Avoid getting your skin hot for at least 24 hours. No hot showers, saunas, steam or strenuous exercise
Continue your usual skin care routine once the skin is no longer sensitive.
Q. What is involved and how long will it take?
Lira Clinical Peels work by applying a thin layer of Skin Prep solution, which starts to dissolve the layer of dead skin cells. Then a layer of your chosen Lira Peel is applied and left to continue the dissolving process for up to 6 minutes. You may feel some gentle tingling and warmth. The peel is then neutralized to stop the process. The peel is completed by placing sunscreen on the face. Your skin will be left looking younger, glowing and revitalized.
Peel treatments will take 30 minutes.
Q. Are peels suitable for me?
There are contraindications that may mean Clinical Peels are not suitable for you, these are listed below:
- Recent sunburn, unprotected sun exposure or solarium use 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Accutane use in the last 6 months
- Cold sores within the area to be treated
- Open wounds
- Excessively sensitive skin, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea
- Skin cancer
- Salicylate/Aspirin Allergy
- Keloid scarring
Q. How much do peels cost?
Pumpkin Plus Definer Peel ……$70
Lactic Clear Definer Peel ……….$70
Sal Pulp Peel …………………………$80
Jessner Peel ………………………….$80
After Clinical Peels, LED Light Therapy (red light) is an ideal way to continue the regeneration of collagen in the skin as well as the healing on the surface. Ideal in conjunction with each peel treatment. LED costs an additional $20 for 20min
Please click here to see our full treatment menu and price list